Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The boundary in the earth's atmosphere between the mesosphere and the thermosphere, at which the temperature stops decreasing with increasing height and begins to increase.
- ‘The MU radar can measure the diffusion coefficients in the mesopause region by observing meteor echoes.’
- ‘It is suggested that the wave-wave sum resonant interaction and the wave dissipation due to instability are two dominant dynamical processes that occur in the mesopause region.’
- ‘At the upper boundary of the mesosphere, the mesopause, the temperature is between 110°C, in summer, and 60°C, in winter.’
- ‘The normal altitude is about 100 km while the summer mesopause is situated around 87 km for about 4 month.’
- ‘Using data from TIMED/SABER, we studied the global behavior of the mesopause at solstice (northern-hemisphere summer).’
- ‘Some experiments were realized to verify the validity of the new technique and to provide the temperature profile in the mesopause region.’
- ‘It is this alteration in the diffusivity of the mesopause region that allows structures in the electron density to persist at observable scales.’
- ‘The oscillations in the measured dayglow intensities in the mesopause region and the winds at ~ 87 km are resulting from the modulation caused by this wave in this region after a delay of 4-5 days.’
- ‘The figures give a climatology of prevailing horizontal winds at mesopause heights and Collm time series of mesopause wind parameters.’
- ‘The summer polar mesopause is the coldest part of the atmosphere, with temperatures reaching below 130K, in spite of being continuously sunlight.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.