One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some problem arose at the alkylation of aromatic thiols substituted by substituent with positive mesomeric effect in the benzene ring and various copper heterogeneous catalysts at the same time.’
- ‘In this case the I effect of the halomethyl group is not exceeded by a positive mesomeric effect as for instance in case of methyl vinyl ether.’
- ‘Mesomeric effects are much better transmitted through bonds than the inductive effect; in the C 3 position, the effect of the the carbonyl mesomeric influence is still noticeable.’
- ‘An indication of oxidation numbers or formal charge in Lewis structures and the resulting mesomeric structures is important in some branches of chemistry.’
- ‘The rearrangement of cross-conjugated mesomeric pyrimidines has been extensively studied.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.