One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mesomeric effects are much better transmitted through bonds than the inductive effect; in the C 3 position, the effect of the the carbonyl mesomeric influence is still noticeable.’
- ‘In this case the I effect of the halomethyl group is not exceeded by a positive mesomeric effect as for instance in case of methyl vinyl ether.’
- ‘The rearrangement of cross-conjugated mesomeric pyrimidines has been extensively studied.’
- ‘An indication of oxidation numbers or formal charge in Lewis structures and the resulting mesomeric structures is important in some branches of chemistry.’
- ‘Some problem arose at the alkylation of aromatic thiols substituted by substituent with positive mesomeric effect in the benzene ring and various copper heterogeneous catalysts at the same time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.