The profits of an estate received by a tenant in wrongful possession and recoverable by the landlord.
- ‘The nearest analogy is a claim for mesne profits.’
- ‘In each case the owner (the Ministry of Defence) sought mesne profits on the basis of the open market rental value of the premises.’
- ‘An action for mesne profits, unlike ejectment, allows the claimant to claim damages for his loss during the period that he has been dispossessed.’
- ‘During that time, the subtenant on the land will be in the position of a trespasser, and as such can be required to pay mesne profits to the landlord.’
- ‘Here, the plaintiff's claim to mesne profits is dependent upon it showing that as between it and the defendant, it was entitled to possession of the property.’
- ‘Please note that Housing Benefit is available in respect of mesne profits.’