One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The kid mesmerized; woman secretly a mesmerist?’
- ‘Sir Cedric Hughes was a legend in the world of the occult, one of the finest mesmerists of his time.’
- ‘Novelist Evelyn Waugh graphically described the tableau as ‘a wildly vivacious statue of the Abbe Faria, a Goan mesmerist of the Napoleonic era, caught here in hot bronze at the climax of an experiment, rampant over an entranced female.’’
- ‘She becomes the victim of the mesmerist Dr Miracle, who forces her to sing herself to death.’
- ‘There were flyers for mesmerists, automatic writing machines, the pig-faced woman, and in one instance, an elephant - the first one to tour North America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.