One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For example, the cells at the base of the coleoptile in the meristematic regions may have died since development of leaves or roots did not occur in these coleoptiles when re-aerated.’
- ‘Just after completion of the wound periderm, a new meristematic tissue began to form in inner layers of callus.’
- ‘In poplar, cell-cycle control genes were highly expressed in the phloem and meristematic region of a stem cross-section.’
- ‘In the fern gametophyte, meristematic activity is greatest in a single apical cell.’
- ‘Formation of the taproot secondary structure starts with meristematic activity between the primary xylem and phloem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.