One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See merchant bank
- ‘A friend of mine working in New York merchant banking said that every major American deal can be traced back to Texas money.’
- ‘The evidence suggests that merchant banking is Australia's fastest path to wealth.’
- ‘However, the nip in the air is nothing compared to the chill in the heart of Ebenezer, surviving partner of Scrooge and Marley, private merchant bankers and moneylenders.’
- ‘He then spent the following three years working in journalism and merchant banking.’
- ‘None the less, London remains a major centre of merchant banking.’
- ‘There were discussions with potential partners aided by merchant bankers.’
- ‘A merchant banker once received over 200 applications for one vacancy for a graduate trainee.’
- ‘This means selling it off to merchant bankers and hedge fund speculators.’
- ‘Its international activities began with trade in the Persian Gulf in different commodities besides merchant banking.’
- ‘It's hard to believe, but investment bankers, venture capitalists, and merchant bankers have been suffering from low self-esteem over the past few years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.