One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The shops are an interesting mix with thirties style merceries and general stores, looking a little tired but still hanging on, rubbing shoulders with a good selection of modern boutiques and specialist shops.’
- ‘I see them in merceries all the time here.’
- ‘To this day Prato is still the headquarters of the Italian mercery and clothing business.’
- ‘You also got merceries which are just like you with their own stuff but you got no control over them.’
- ‘Here we have 3 machine dealers, two quilting stores, one couturier fabric place and several merceries of varying usefulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.