One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The shops are an interesting mix with thirties style merceries and general stores, looking a little tired but still hanging on, rubbing shoulders with a good selection of modern boutiques and specialist shops.’
- ‘To this day Prato is still the headquarters of the Italian mercery and clothing business.’
- ‘Here we have 3 machine dealers, two quilting stores, one couturier fabric place and several merceries of varying usefulness.’
- ‘You also got merceries which are just like you with their own stuff but you got no control over them.’
- ‘I see them in merceries all the time here.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.