One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But alas, the mercenariness prevalent in our game will ensure that the high turnover of personnel at the Jags will rise exponentially with the club's success.’
- ‘What dismayed me the most about the exchanges on the website was the display of simple, raw mercenariness among new lawyers just entering the profession.’
- ‘My immediate reaction, however, was to despair of the sheer mercenariness of it all.’
- ‘The lack of mercenariness was a distinctive feature of this brilliant practical surgeon.’
- ‘Everything hinges on a young woman's disguise as a chevalier, ostensibly to witness first-hand the mercenariness of a potential husband, Lelio.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.