One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for pethidine
- ‘The most common types of prescription drugs abused by young adults are pain relievers, which include codeine, methadone, meperidine, percocet, hydrocodone, and oxycodone.’
- ‘Although narcotics such as codeine, morphine and meperidine are effective in suppressing pain, they do nothing to treat its underlying cause, and they have the side effects of dependence and disorientation.’
- ‘An expert panel determined, for example, that pain relievers like meperidine and pentazocine carry more risk than benefit for the elderly.’
- ‘Opioid analgesics such as meperidine and butorphanol are sometimes required to abort severe migraines.’
- ‘Nonepidural pain relief usually involves the administration of opiates such as meperidine.’
1940s: blend of methyl and piperidine.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.