Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A horizontal bar, typically located at the top of the screen below the title bar, containing drop-down menus.
- ‘To find out what all the keystrokes do, click Settings on the menu bar and select Configure Shortcuts.’
- ‘The " Admin’ menu on the main menu bar provides access to the system administrator functions.’
- ‘In a Rekall application, there is a standard menu bar and toolbar with commands that allow the end user to execute queries and complete other tasks.’
- ‘Dell also provides Switcher Bar, an app switcher, which usefully lets you quit unneeded apps, but is positioned in the menu bar at the top of the screen so it obscures the name of the application you happen to be using at any given moment.’
- ‘When you are in that familiar directory seven levels deep, simply click Bookmarks on the menu bar and then select Add Bookmark.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.