One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is advised, trained, or counselled by a mentor.
- ‘Traditionally, a mentor imparts what he or she believes the mentee ought to know - the leader/follower model.’
- ‘Getting to know the mentee also may be accomplished in an informal arena.’
- ‘Receiving well-intended advice that does not help the situation should not cause a mentee to abandon a mentor.’
- ‘The mentee learns more quickly with a mentor than by reading a book or taking a class.’
- ‘This arrangement ensures that, in the event of an absent partner, neither mentor nor mentee is alone during activities.’
- ‘At present mentorships run at no cost to the mentee.’
- ‘The confidence of the mentee also increases through the mentoring relationship.’
- ‘The mentee may just shadow the mentor on occasion or they may role play certain scenarios that the mentee finds challenging.’
- ‘Through mentorship, nurses can help others grow, while encouraging each mentee toward self-actualization and autonomy.’
- ‘The sign of a good mentor - like a good parent - is to help the mentee deal with disappointment.’
- ‘The mentor must be an advocate for the mentee.’
- ‘Be your searching, tentative, very human self instead of trying to impress your mentee by claiming to be perfect.’
- ‘In some programs the emphasis is on the mentee choosing the mentor; in others the mentor gets to choose.’
- ‘Today, the former mentee is a staff writer covering education for a newspaper in Washington State.’
- ‘Explain to the mentee the role of the staff nurse.’
- ‘Getting to know the mentee allows him or her to succeed.’
- ‘The mentee should have goals in mind for the relationship.’
- ‘The mentee who wishes to be successful may look elsewhere for the knowledge necessary to be successful in his or her new role.’
- ‘The mentors are also on hand to guide their mentee through the fundraising process.’
- ‘Sometimes a mentor may not be able to provide the exact guidance or development a mentee requires.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.