One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During this period, he became a leading figure in US linguistics, replacing a mechanistic and behaviouristic view of language (based on the work of Bloomfield) with a mentalistic and generative approach.’
- ‘Convinced that psychology could be a wholly objective science, Watson called for reform in its content and its methods and for the rejection of mentalistic terms such as ‘mind ‘and ‘consciousness.’’
- ‘He says that he is deliberately avoiding the trap of trying to specifically define such mentalist terms as mind cognition, perception, and other closely related mentalistic terms.’
- ‘Descartes took a strong mentalistic position, arguing that the mind operated according to its own principles and that it came stocked with innate ideas.’
- ‘Psychologists have coined the mentalistic term ‘confirmatory bias’ to explain a phenomenon in which one notices data which seem to confirm one's hypothesis, and ignores data that tend to disconfirm that hypothesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.