Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Clothes for men.‘a new trend in British menswear’as modifier ‘a menswear shop’
- ‘It is also Ireland's only trade fair dedicated to womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, footwear and accessories.’
- ‘Emporio Armani sells a full range of menswear and womenswear, accessories, fragrances and eyewear.’
- ‘The work consists of couture, lingerie, textiles and menswear.’
- ‘As far as menswear is concerned, nothing seemed too terribly impressive to make me want to run out and buy anything for my closest male friends.’
- ‘He has introduced menswear in the shape of waistcoats and ties.’
- ‘Nuria Sendra showed some of the few menswear items, with her black cape being one of the more memorable.’
- ‘His menswear pieces, to the last one, were well-built, sturdy designs that were stylishly masculine.’
- ‘Here is our review of the shows that, in our opinion, best represented the current and future trends in menswear.’
- ‘Mr Mountford conceded the group had been helped by the revival of formal dressing, which handily for them boils down to suits, suits and more suits when it comes to the world of menswear.’
- ‘Some menswear shops do sell more imaginative clothes - but the assistants have rarely met any customers over the age of 36.’
- ‘The company was recently restructured into two divisions, menswear and womenswear, headed by Bill Christie and Karen Schneider.’
- ‘There's no better time than the present to shop at EJ's menswear, as every time you purchase you are in with a chance of winning a car.’
- ‘The show featured both menswear and womenswear, but next season's womenswear outshines menswear!’
- ‘The store, which opened last week in the Kirkgate Centre, is one of a limited chain which offer the group's full range of clothing, including menswear.’
- ‘Many local menswear shops have bitten the dust in recent years, and sales at men's specialty stores haven't budged in a decade.’
- ‘High fashion menswear is much more difficult to find than clothing for women but not impossible.’
- ‘I could go as far as saying that his style is the blueprint of dressy menswear.’
- ‘Women borrowed jackets, ties, hats and other styles from menswear to construct less frilly and ornamental ensembles.’
- ‘Milan's most recent menswear collections feature vibrant tones and a sense of personal style re-discovered.’
- ‘A silk satin column wrap train dress was pretty and poised, while the silk velvet tuxedo turned out a new spin on menswear.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.