One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process in a woman of discharging blood and other material from the lining of the uterus at intervals of about one lunar month from puberty until the menopause, except during pregnancy.
period, menstrual cycleView synonyms
- ‘Topics will include menstruation, sexuality, pregnancy and childbirth in a cultural context.’
- ‘Your temperature rises after ovulation and falls back down again at menstruation, until the next time you ovulate.’
- ‘Typically, menstruation and ovulation cease with the menopause, at around age 51 or 52.’
- ‘Women have higher iron needs because of physiological losses through menstruation and pregnancy.’
- ‘Women around the age of 50 are usually considered to be past their menopause if menstruation has not occurred for a year.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.