Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The process in a woman of discharging blood and other material from the lining of the uterus at intervals of about one lunar month from puberty until the menopause, except during pregnancy.
period, menstrual cyclethe curse, monthlies, one's time of the month, the time of the month, being on the ragmenses, menarche, show, menorrhoeatimecatamenia, flowersView synonyms
- ‘Women have higher iron needs because of physiological losses through menstruation and pregnancy.’
- ‘Topics will include menstruation, sexuality, pregnancy and childbirth in a cultural context.’
- ‘Women around the age of 50 are usually considered to be past their menopause if menstruation has not occurred for a year.’
- ‘Your temperature rises after ovulation and falls back down again at menstruation, until the next time you ovulate.’
- ‘Typically, menstruation and ovulation cease with the menopause, at around age 51 or 52.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.