One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of ovulation and menstruation in women and other female primates.‘the menstrual cycle ceases during pregnancy’‘menstrual cycles vary in length from person to person’
- ‘Anorexia nervosa is characterized by restricted eating and refusal to maintain normal body weight, persistent fear of being fat, feeling fat when one is not; absent or erratic menstrual cycles in females.’
- ‘Earlier onset of regular menstrual cycles is associated with early regular ovulatory menstrual cycles, a risk factor for the disease.’
- ‘The pituitary gland also controls ovulation and the menstrual cycle in women.’
- ‘This signal was used to identify days of ovulation during 696 menstrual cycles.’
- ‘In contrast, when the available energy is virtually unlimited women have frequent ovulatory menstrual cycles characterised by high hormone concentrations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.