Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of ovulation and menstruation in women and other female primates.‘the menstrual cycle ceases during pregnancy’‘menstrual cycles vary in length from person to person’
- ‘In contrast, when the available energy is virtually unlimited women have frequent ovulatory menstrual cycles characterised by high hormone concentrations.’
- ‘The pituitary gland also controls ovulation and the menstrual cycle in women.’
- ‘This signal was used to identify days of ovulation during 696 menstrual cycles.’
- ‘Earlier onset of regular menstrual cycles is associated with early regular ovulatory menstrual cycles, a risk factor for the disease.’
- ‘Anorexia nervosa is characterized by restricted eating and refusal to maintain normal body weight, persistent fear of being fat, feeling fat when one is not; absent or erratic menstrual cycles in females.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.