One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of a meniscus, especially that of the knee.
- ‘Meniscal injuries were treated arthroscopically by rasping, suturing, or partial meniscectomy, according to the size and location of the lesion.’
- ‘Meniscectomy has been the standard surgical treatment for a torn meniscus, but clinical studies have demonstrated a strong association between meniscectomy and the development of osteoarthritis.’
- ‘Although our subjective follow-up was at a mean of 8.9 years in this study, we believe that even longer follow-up of this group may be required to determine the benefit of meniscus salvage over partial meniscectomy.’
- ‘A partial medial meniscectomy was performed by using a basket forceps and shaver.’
- ‘The goal of medial meniscal transplantation is to prevent degenerative changes that can result from meniscectomy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.