One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of a meniscus, especially that of the knee.
- ‘The goal of medial meniscal transplantation is to prevent degenerative changes that can result from meniscectomy.’
- ‘Meniscal injuries were treated arthroscopically by rasping, suturing, or partial meniscectomy, according to the size and location of the lesion.’
- ‘A partial medial meniscectomy was performed by using a basket forceps and shaver.’
- ‘Although our subjective follow-up was at a mean of 8.9 years in this study, we believe that even longer follow-up of this group may be required to determine the benefit of meniscus salvage over partial meniscectomy.’
- ‘Meniscectomy has been the standard surgical treatment for a torn meniscus, but clinical studies have demonstrated a strong association between meniscectomy and the development of osteoarthritis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.