One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A serious disease in which there is inflammation of the meninges, caused by viral or bacterial infection, and marked by intense headache and fever, sensitivity to light, and muscular rigidity.
- ‘Bacterial meningitis is the most common cause of profound deafness acquired in childhood.’
- ‘But it is believed viral meningitis in its mildest form is often mistaken for flu.’
- ‘While mumps is usually not very serious, it may develop into viral meningitis is some cases.’
- ‘The key early symptoms of meningitis are headache, stiff neck and dislike of bright lights.’
- ‘Patients with tuberculous meningitis should be treated for at least nine months.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.