One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The theory of heredity as formulated by Mendel.
- ‘Dobzhansky extended the synthesis of Mendelism and Darwinism to the understanding of human nature in Mankind Evolving, a successful synthesis of genetics, evolutionary theory, anthropology, and sociology.’
- ‘Before analyzing the influence of Mendelism, we show that environmental stochasticity has no influence on the neutral allele frequency.’
- ‘The question whether Mendelism applied to animals as well as to plants immediately arose, and the answer was not long in coming.’
- ‘One of Mendelism's staunchest partisans was William Bateson, an English biologist who saw in it a weapon for his attacks on the Darwinian idea of continuous variation in nature.’
- ‘Nevertheless, he later downplayed the significance of Mendelism and held to Lamarckian ideas throughout his life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.