One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Mendel's theory of heredity.‘Mendelian genetics’
- ‘Since the 1860s Mendelian genetics has recognized that many phenotypic traits are related to functional units of heredity.’
- ‘Many disorders that occur in families are known to have a genetic component but do not follow clear Mendelian patterns of inheritance.’
- ‘If the transgene exhibits Mendelian inheritance then it is being transmitted in the germ line.’
- ‘Darwinian biology explained how humans evolved from other life forms, and Mendelian genetics showed how defective traits were inherited.’
- ‘An intelligent integration of Mendelian and molecular breeding techniques will help to enhance the nutritive value of staples.’
A person who accepts or advocates Mendel's theory of heredity.
- ‘The story of the emergence of theoretical population genetics, out of a tension between biometricians and Mendelians, has been told eloquently by Provine.’
- ‘As John Maynard Smith points out, the early Mendelians - the people early in this century who rediscovered Mendel - at first thought of themselves as anti-Darwinians.’
- ‘The great debate between the Mendelians and the biometricians had begun.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.