One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Act more politely.‘from the fact that I wasn't instantly told to mend my manners, I knew she felt guilty’
- ‘If he would mend his manners the man would soon understand him and reform his own.’
- ‘He went to Rome to atone but did not mend his manners.’
- ‘The naughty pair have been banished to the nursery to learn a Bible verse for repentance, and Tabby to the cellar to mend her manners.’
- ‘I told him I'd leave him if he didn't mend his manners, and he wouldn't; so I left him.’
- ‘His friends in Philadelphia, Adams told his wife,’ send me kind messages to inform me that unless I mend my manners, I shall never be President.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.