One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Suggesting the presence of danger; threatening.‘our officers encountered menacing looks from teenagers’
- ‘Great rock fragments jutted out of the side, giving the castle an even more menacing look.’
- ‘He aimed his menacing, brooding dark brown eyes directly into her own scared blue ones.’
- ‘The light barely illuminated the forest around them and it was very menacing at this late hour.’
- ‘The sky has lightened and the snow has stopped, but a menacing wall of clouds is heading our way fast.’
- ‘The picture is grainy but that actually enhances the slightly menacing atmosphere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.