One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Suggesting the presence of danger; threatening.‘our officers encountered menacing looks from teenagers’
- ‘The sky has lightened and the snow has stopped, but a menacing wall of clouds is heading our way fast.’
- ‘The picture is grainy but that actually enhances the slightly menacing atmosphere.’
- ‘Great rock fragments jutted out of the side, giving the castle an even more menacing look.’
- ‘He aimed his menacing, brooding dark brown eyes directly into her own scared blue ones.’
- ‘The light barely illuminated the forest around them and it was very menacing at this late hour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.