Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(chiefly in the US) a movement aimed at liberating men from traditional views about their character and role in society.
- ‘This study, then, has sought to shed initial light on one of the most visible and controversial men's movements in America today.’
- ‘Here Doyle's rhetoric begins to echo the US men's movement that campaigns bitterly - if rather quietly - about women controlling the domestic agenda, and tyrannising men with their strident demands for independence.’
- ‘Bly laid the foundations of a new men's movement, distributed New Warrior News and wrote Iron John, which became a bestseller.’
- ‘She asks why men haven't got together and formed a men's movement.’
- ‘Robert Bly is the author of the bestseller Iron John, which launched the men's movement to national fame, as well as ten collections of poetry and, most recently, The Sibling Society.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.