Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A type of memory card.
- ‘The original Memory Stick was introduced in September 1998.’
- ‘Sony ramped up its in-store marketing effort behind Memory Stick in October with the launch of more than 700 kiosks displaying how the device works.’
- ‘You get about 500 books on a 512MB Memory Stick, says Sony.’
- ‘For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Memory Stick is a really small piece of portable memory.’
- ‘Images are stored on Sony Memory Stick or Memory Stick Pro.’
- 1.1(in general use) a flash drive.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.