Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A failure in a program to release discarded memory, causing impaired performance or failure.
- ‘The bug is a memory leak in the default digitizer that ships with the system, and has been irking users for over a year.’
- ‘The visibility it gives us into our network has proven its worth multiple times from identifying software with a memory leak on one server to finding a piece of spyware saturating a network segment on another machine.’
- ‘If you run multiple programs at once and your computer crashes after hours of use, it is difficult to find out which program might be suffering from a memory leak and causing the crash.’
- ‘A small memory leak or a two-second server delay may mean a lot to you, but having to retype information or click Refresh several times impacts the user directly, and should be more important.’
- ‘If you are constantly getting the message that your system needs to increase Virtual Memory settings and you're not overworking the PC, I would suspect a memory leak.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.