One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, flat flash drive used especially in digital cameras and mobile phones.
- ‘I would appreciate an explanation on why the memory cards start giving check sum messages.’
- ‘There is no way to get images off the device except by saving to memory card, or sending them to Flickr.’
- ‘You can use Bluetooth, infrared or insert your memory card into the appropriate slots.’
- ‘Cameras are often supplied with a low capacity memory card, which will hold few good quality pictures.’
- ‘Don't forget to retrieve your memory card from the machine.’
- ‘No matter what the department buys, budget for a bigger memory card.’
- ‘You can produce prints at your leisure without taking memory cards to the local photo finisher or placing an order online.’
- ‘Eventually he let me go, thankfully without insisting I forfeit my memory card or grovel at his feet or sign a written apology.’
- ‘Finally on the backside of the player there is a slot for flash memory cards.’
- ‘Along the way electronic memory cards were lost in Cuyahoga County.’
- ‘Smart Album is useful tool which allows users to easily search for a specific image they have saved on their memory card.’
- ‘Finally, make sure you save enough money in your budget for a high capacity memory card.’
- ‘The battery in the camera only lasts five shots, you need to buy a bigger memory card, etc.’
- ‘My 4 gigabyte flash memory card has already arrived.’
- ‘The only con is you need a large memory card to make long movies.’
- ‘Retailers are rushing to outfit their one-hour photo labs with equipment to read the images from your digital camera's memory card.’
- ‘Imagine a future where the memory card in your camera is backed up to a storage service provider.’
- ‘Music can also be copied from the computer into the memory card of the device, he added.’
- ‘The phone can store up to 1,000 tracks on an optional 2 GB memory card.’
- ‘Storage will show the type of memory card used.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.