One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, flat flash drive used especially in digital cameras and mobile phones.
- ‘Finally, make sure you save enough money in your budget for a high capacity memory card.’
- ‘Finally on the backside of the player there is a slot for flash memory cards.’
- ‘I would appreciate an explanation on why the memory cards start giving check sum messages.’
- ‘The battery in the camera only lasts five shots, you need to buy a bigger memory card, etc.’
- ‘Don't forget to retrieve your memory card from the machine.’
- ‘Eventually he let me go, thankfully without insisting I forfeit my memory card or grovel at his feet or sign a written apology.’
- ‘No matter what the department buys, budget for a bigger memory card.’
- ‘The phone can store up to 1,000 tracks on an optional 2 GB memory card.’
- ‘My 4 gigabyte flash memory card has already arrived.’
- ‘Music can also be copied from the computer into the memory card of the device, he added.’
- ‘You can use Bluetooth, infrared or insert your memory card into the appropriate slots.’
- ‘Storage will show the type of memory card used.’
- ‘There is no way to get images off the device except by saving to memory card, or sending them to Flickr.’
- ‘Cameras are often supplied with a low capacity memory card, which will hold few good quality pictures.’
- ‘Along the way electronic memory cards were lost in Cuyahoga County.’
- ‘The only con is you need a large memory card to make long movies.’
- ‘Retailers are rushing to outfit their one-hour photo labs with equipment to read the images from your digital camera's memory card.’
- ‘Imagine a future where the memory card in your camera is backed up to a storage service provider.’
- ‘Smart Album is useful tool which allows users to easily search for a specific image they have saved on their memory card.’
- ‘You can produce prints at your leisure without taking memory cards to the local photo finisher or placing an order online.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.