One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Both dragonflies and damselflies have two pairs of elongated membranous wings with a strong crossvein and many small veins that criss-cross in the wings, adding strength and flexibility to the wings.’
- ‘They're huge white maggots with transparent membranous skin.’
- ‘The baby is receiving emergency treatment on an extra-corporeal membranous oxygenation machine, to help him breathe.’
- ‘Mitochondria are membranous sacs with membranous partitions to which enzymes may be tightly or loosely bound and which are themselves integral component parts of the organelle.’
- ‘Somewhere further away, a tail tipped in membranous, half-transparent white fin violently flailed in the water, rippling all the way up to where Po had shot her arrow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.