One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The baby is receiving emergency treatment on an extra-corporeal membranous oxygenation machine, to help him breathe.’
- ‘Mitochondria are membranous sacs with membranous partitions to which enzymes may be tightly or loosely bound and which are themselves integral component parts of the organelle.’
- ‘They're huge white maggots with transparent membranous skin.’
- ‘Somewhere further away, a tail tipped in membranous, half-transparent white fin violently flailed in the water, rippling all the way up to where Po had shot her arrow.’
- ‘Both dragonflies and damselflies have two pairs of elongated membranous wings with a strong crossvein and many small veins that criss-cross in the wings, adding strength and flexibility to the wings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.