One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mine was the best of the lot - meltingly sweet slices of charcoal-grilled aubergine with a refreshingly cool spicy tomato sauce.’
- ‘Reduce the heat slightly and cook, still uncovered, for another ten minutes, or until the onions are meltingly soft and most of the liquid has evaporated.’
- ‘Described as fast, furious meltingly lyrical and full of physical poetry, it is one of the most completely brilliant theatrical experiences imaginable.’
- ‘Oxtail and goat curries require you to navigate a number of bones, but slow cooking makes the meat meltingly tender and a knife superfluous.’
- ‘The Chef Combo is a perfect choice for the dualistic appetite: a charbroiled beef kabob and a meltingly tender chicken kabob.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.