One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I don't like to melodramatise, but I'll always cherish our time together, you know, just in case.’
- ‘By allegory and by exaggeration the gangster genre melodramatized the social Darwinism of the marketplace, rendering it for popular consumption.’
- ‘With text, the little comic books melodramatize the artist's archetypal struggle to find self-expression: ‘I know what to do - I just don't know if I'm doing it.’
- ‘I am fine with reality being dramatized, but I'm not comfy with it being melodramatized.’
- ‘Mr. Bloom's position, in love with an unfaithful wife, too well-meaning and congenial to stand up for himself, is not less poignant because Joyce refrains from melodramatizing its poignancy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.