One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Apart from the traditions of Italian stage farce it owes as much to silent comedy as the other films owe to the silent cinema's melodramatists.’
- ‘As befits the melodramatist, the composer does not disdain ‘sensation music’.’
- ‘Unfaithful is a moral tale told by a master melodramatist - full of grandiose sound and imagery, but signifying not much of anything.’
- ‘The composer Zdenek Fibich - symphonist, opera composer, melodramatist, and composer of one of the most extended keyboard cycles written since Chopin - would have been l50.’
- ‘He was a melodramatist, infusing all those silly melodramas with style, with signs and meanings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.