One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Oh dear; look what you've done; you've broken it,’ exclaimed Nick melodramatically, fetching it back.’
- ‘‘It's all in the mood,’ argues Greenhorn, adding melodramatically, ‘like a dark cloud of uncertainty above everything.’’
- ‘The former candidate to be chief prosecutor melodramatically explained how in 1996-1997 the banking system collapsed, and he had searched for a safe place for his money.’
- ‘Louis de Bernières had a go at critics at his book festival event, saying, rather melodramatically, that ‘they’ had turned against him.’
- ‘After a whole two minutes of this, he falls melodramatically to the ground, and pardons everybody in exquisite lyrical singing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.