One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's a sick, wrenching guilt and despair built into it, a relentlessly severe conclusion for a film which has moved along so mellowly.’
- ‘Burns says mellowly: ‘It's good that this [event] is only taking two years off my life.’’
- ‘I got home, got sick, then spent the evening mellowly lying about with the demon beast.’
- ‘And when before have clarinets and horns been so mellowly blended?’
- ‘Old or new, many of the songs had a slightly different colour to them due to the presence of Justin Haynes on guitar, adding touches that were, by turns, mellowly acoustic or screamingly electric.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.