One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Runs, trills, staccatos and legato lines - everything flows with mellifluence.’
- ‘It is the added tonal dimension that occurs when two chords momentarily share properties, so that the transition has greater depth and mellifluence.’
- ‘To my ears the Barra pronunciation is much to be preferred, purely for its mellifluence.’
- ‘At the same time, the speaker talks with a rich mellifluence that is no doubt the after effect of the tonal richness and elegant detailing.’
- ‘For their part, Kavitha and Priyanka, who are part of a line-up called Keesh, rendered two songs that had a rare mellifluence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.