One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To my ears the Barra pronunciation is much to be preferred, purely for its mellifluence.’
- ‘It is the added tonal dimension that occurs when two chords momentarily share properties, so that the transition has greater depth and mellifluence.’
- ‘Runs, trills, staccatos and legato lines - everything flows with mellifluence.’
- ‘For their part, Kavitha and Priyanka, who are part of a line-up called Keesh, rendered two songs that had a rare mellifluence.’
- ‘At the same time, the speaker talks with a rich mellifluence that is no doubt the after effect of the tonal richness and elegant detailing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.