Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A unit of graphic resolution equivalent to one million or (strictly) 1,048,576 (220) pixels.
- ‘At the same time, digital cameras have advanced at a similar rate, going from 1 megapixels to 5 megapixels and with significantly more features and image capturing capabilities.’
- ‘Typicaly, these cameras provide resolutions between 5 and 6 megapixels (million pixels).’
- ‘This stylish mobile phone has room for up to 3,000 of your favourite tracks along with a 2 megapixel digital camera.’
- ‘Camera phones have gone from 0.3 megapixels to 1 megapixel, and very soon, 2 or 3 megapixel versions.’
- ‘Although digital camera makers push the megapixels, the amount of information in an image, there's a lot more to taking a great photo.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.