One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit of graphic resolution equivalent to one million or (strictly) 1,048,576 (2²⁰) pixels.in combination ‘a 3.2-megapixel camera’
- ‘Camera phones have gone from 0.3 megapixels to 1 megapixel, and very soon, 2 or 3 megapixel versions.’
- ‘This stylish mobile phone has room for up to 3,000 of your favourite tracks along with a 2 megapixel digital camera.’
- ‘Typicaly, these cameras provide resolutions between 5 and 6 megapixels (million pixels).’
- ‘Although digital camera makers push the megapixels, the amount of information in an image, there's a lot more to taking a great photo.’
- ‘At the same time, digital cameras have advanced at a similar rate, going from 1 megapixels to 5 megapixels and with significantly more features and image capturing capabilities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.