A rare shark with a very large wide mouth and tiny teeth, found in the Pacific Ocean.
- ‘As their name suggests, the ‘megamouth shark’ has a huge mouth that extends behind the eyes.’
- ‘The megamouth shark is one of the most mysterious and least understood of all the sharks.’
- ‘The outermost surface of the megamouth's body is blackish brown, while its belly is noticeably white.’
- ‘The megamouth shark is characterized by a distinctive white band on the anterior surface of the snout.’
- ‘To date, comparatively few megamouth sharks have been caught, but we know that this species grows to at least a length of 15 feet [4.5 m].’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.