One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit of frequency equal to one million hertz.
- ‘Processor speed, which is measured in megahertz is only one factor affecting the performance of a computer.’
- ‘The tiny dimensions of the device allowed it to vibrate quickly, achieving a millions-of-cycles-per-second frequency of 23.57 megahertz.’
- ‘The bandwidth of 100 megahertz was divided up into 256 closely adjacent carrier frequencies that do not interfere with one another.’
- ‘The switching frequency of 1 megahertz makes it possible to select a small external component.’
- ‘The speed of processors, usually known as clock speed, is measured in megahertz or these days in gigahertz (GHz).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.