One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Bayesian skyline plot suggests that the bison species went through a severe bottleneck around 10,000 radiocarbon years ago, coincident with the time when many North American megafaunal species went extinct.’
- ‘African and Asian elephants are the only members of the Order Proboscidea that were not lost in the megafaunal crisis of the late Pleistocene.’
- ‘In North America two major events occurred at about the same time as the megafaunal extinctions: the planet cooled, and early humans arrived from Asia to populate the continent.’
- ‘One of the classic scientific debates, on a par with ‘nature vs. nurture,’ albeit far more obscure, is the question of what caused the great megafaunal extinction at the end of the Pleistocene.’
- ‘After many decades of debate, the North American end-Pleistocene megafaunal mass extinction remains a lightning rod of controversy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.