One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very large amount of money.‘he has been earning megabucks for decades’as modifier ‘megabuck salaries’
- ‘What's novel this year is the intensity of the effort and the megabucks being spent.’
- ‘Stephen Franks has just mentioned, and I agree with him entirely, that we have huge documents that cost megabucks to provide - and no one reads them, and no one has much regard for them when making investment decisions.’
- ‘Booth space costs megabucks and no company is going to commit to that sort of investment without knowing for sure what they're going to be buying into.’
- ‘‘Players in megabucks tournaments might have great ability in one area, whereas the players on tour have great ability in all areas,’ he says.’
- ‘How the small-time actors feel about the gulf that separates them from megastars who make megabucks is not discussed.’
- ‘The former Ranger has flirted with playing in Japan because he can't find the multiyear, megabucks deal he seeks.’
- ‘You're misinformed if you think teaching earns megabucks!’
- ‘Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?’
- ‘Coming back home, he eschewed collegiate bowling in favor of tournament play, moving onto the megabucks circuit in 1997.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.