One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for megabyte
- ‘The downloadable video is 12 minutes in length and consists of 2 separate files: 4.8 meg and 3.4 meg, respectively.’
- ‘I would post my best results for download with this review, but I doubt you'd want to wait for all 200 megs of it.’
- ‘I just copied a few hundred megs of backup data, and it was complete in under two minutes.’
- ‘Meanwhile, as is mentioned in the article, the ‘reward’ for this particular contest is 500 megs of online storage space - which a hacker could pretty easily claim on any machine he or she broke into.’
- ‘The game needs about 400 megs of space (if you opt for the maximum installation).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.