One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A Quaker place of worship.
- ‘I particularly enjoy the Sunday silence at my Quakers meeting house, which gives me much restoration of spirit.’
- ‘Dhafir spoke everywhere from mosques to community centers to Quaker meeting houses about the devastation the sanctions caused.’
- ‘The Quakers' York meeting house is in Friargate, off Clifford Street, and warden Rosemary Stubbs revealed they had lost money as a venue for meetings because of groups moving out of town.’
- ‘At 12 years of age we find him running a school in the barn of the Quaker meeting house.’
- ‘A large Quaker meeting house still stands in the historic district of the city.’
- 1.1North American historical A Protestant place of worship.
- ‘There was difficulty in a number of places over sites for Presbyterian meeting houses.’
- ‘After all, Price was a Protestant dissenter, and the old Jewry, was a Protestant meeting house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.