One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of medium or average length.‘she has medium-length brown hair and hazel eyes’
- ‘She had medium-length straight dark hair and wore a navy blue sweater and dark trousers.’
- ‘The Turkish Angora has a slim, graceful, medium-length neck and a small-to-middling-size, wedge-shaped head.’
- ‘The gondolier agrees to give us the medium-length tour for the price of the short tour.’
- ‘I've probably used 50 putters in my career, but I've never felt more comfortable than with the medium-length (46 - inch) putter I have now.’
- ‘If you have medium length hair, extensions can make it longer.’
- ‘Its legs are medium length with heavy muscles.’
- ‘The tenancy is available for immediate occupation with short and medium length lease terms considered.’
- ‘Most news sites run articles with medium-length paragraphs - somewhere around 45 - 50 words, or two or three sentences.’
- ‘It was followed in 1990 by Despina, a medium-length feature film.’
- ‘I was averaging eight-minute miles on medium-length runs.’
- ‘It's a medium length walk that involves modest uphill walking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.