One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dominant class consisting of mediocre people, or a system in which mediocrity is rewarded.‘a mediocracy of successful careerists and yes-men’
- ‘Hence the relative attraction of a centrally-planned, lowest common denominator mediocracy with just enough capitalism to be plundered and wasted on their ever failing social engineering schemes and flawed political theories.’
- ‘If you're a big fan of mediocracy and tend to like bands with no particular message or direction, then this CD is for you.’
- ‘Atrios asks: ‘Anyone else notice just how excited it seems to make certain members of our mediocracy?’’
- ‘No, it's because the power concentrated in this maze has, over time, replaced democracy with its own self-referencing mediocracy.’
- ‘In today's celeb-saturated mass mediocracy, image control is impossible, or nearly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.