One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Latin of about AD 600–1500.
- ‘Early medieval Latin also allowed for the possibility of a dependent substantive clause with finite verb and subject in the nominative case.’
- ‘At present there are three qualified archivists and one trainee, all of whom read medieval Latin and ancient handwriting.’
- ‘Cormorant comes via the Old French cormaran from medieval Latin corvus marinus, sea-raven.’
- ‘But there were other reasons why we can observe this shift from medieval Latin to the vernacular.’
- ‘Languages courses available in the York area include Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, classical or medieval Latin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.