One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The history of the period from the 5th to the 15th centuries.
- ‘She attended Stanford University majoring in medieval history.’
- ‘When they study ancient and medieval history of Europe, Bulgaria is present as well.’
- ‘BBC History Magazine has found that medieval history and archaeology are the top ranking interests of their readers.’
- ‘Nora Berend is a lecturer in medieval history at the University of Cambridge.’
- ‘This trilogy of works may well be seen as Rodney's major book-length contributions to medieval history.’
- ‘Nicholas Vincent is professor of medieval history at Christ Church College, Canterbury.’
- ‘It is rich in architectural charm and medieval history.’
- ‘At the University of East Anglia, a third professor of medieval history has recently been appointed; and at Glasgow there have been two recent appointments in environmental history.’
- ‘At Birkbeck there is real growth in ancient and medieval history.’
- ‘The Peasants Revolt is the only truly popular uprising in English medieval history.’
- ‘Lisa was a second-year history student, and planned to specialize in medieval history.’
- ‘She took courses in modern history but nothing in medieval history.’
- ‘In fact, he studied intellectual medieval history at Oxford before finding work as a political lobbyist in Washington.’
- ‘There are many good and not-so-good reasons for insisting on the value of history - and medieval history in particular - in schools.’
- ‘That's why I know nothing more about English medieval history today, than I did yesterday.’
- ‘Richard Landes is a professor of medieval history and the director of the Center for Millennial Studies at Boston University.’
- ‘Have I mentioned how fiddly medieval history is proving to be?’
- ‘By this standard, he is similarly unqualified, as he is not a professor and his PhD was earned in medieval history.’
- ‘I read in depth into medieval history, concentrating on the life of Thomas Becket.’
- ‘In its new format, this one focuses on ancient and medieval history, which will be alternating with early modern.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.