One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The history of the period from the 5th to the 15th centuries.
- ‘Richard Landes is a professor of medieval history and the director of the Center for Millennial Studies at Boston University.’
- ‘It is rich in architectural charm and medieval history.’
- ‘In its new format, this one focuses on ancient and medieval history, which will be alternating with early modern.’
- ‘She attended Stanford University majoring in medieval history.’
- ‘That's why I know nothing more about English medieval history today, than I did yesterday.’
- ‘There are many good and not-so-good reasons for insisting on the value of history - and medieval history in particular - in schools.’
- ‘At the University of East Anglia, a third professor of medieval history has recently been appointed; and at Glasgow there have been two recent appointments in environmental history.’
- ‘Nicholas Vincent is professor of medieval history at Christ Church College, Canterbury.’
- ‘Have I mentioned how fiddly medieval history is proving to be?’
- ‘In fact, he studied intellectual medieval history at Oxford before finding work as a political lobbyist in Washington.’
- ‘BBC History Magazine has found that medieval history and archaeology are the top ranking interests of their readers.’
- ‘The Peasants Revolt is the only truly popular uprising in English medieval history.’
- ‘When they study ancient and medieval history of Europe, Bulgaria is present as well.’
- ‘At Birkbeck there is real growth in ancient and medieval history.’
- ‘This trilogy of works may well be seen as Rodney's major book-length contributions to medieval history.’
- ‘Nora Berend is a lecturer in medieval history at the University of Cambridge.’
- ‘By this standard, he is similarly unqualified, as he is not a professor and his PhD was earned in medieval history.’
- ‘Lisa was a second-year history student, and planned to specialize in medieval history.’
- ‘She took courses in modern history but nothing in medieval history.’
- ‘I read in depth into medieval history, concentrating on the life of Thomas Becket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.