One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Latin of about AD 600–1500.
- ‘At present there are three qualified archivists and one trainee, all of whom read medieval Latin and ancient handwriting.’
- ‘Languages courses available in the York area include Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, classical or medieval Latin.’
- ‘Early medieval Latin also allowed for the possibility of a dependent substantive clause with finite verb and subject in the nominative case.’
- ‘But there were other reasons why we can observe this shift from medieval Latin to the vernacular.’
- ‘Cormorant comes via the Old French cormaran from medieval Latin corvus marinus, sea-raven.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.