One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small cupboard or box containing medicines and first-aid items.
- ‘Despite its name, the bathroom medicine chest is no place to keep medicines.’
- ‘I groggily got out of bed and groped my way to the medicine chest.’
- ‘She opened the medicine cabinet and began rummaging through the accumulation of pill bottles.’
- ‘Mr Bernadi noticed my pitiful attempts at breathing and grabbed an inhaler from the medicine cabinet.’
- ‘It's raising all sorts of questions about the safety of what's in your medicine cabinet.’
- ‘I opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed a pair of scissors for protection, and then scoped out the hallway.’
- ‘He nodded dumbly as he walked over to the medicine cabinet and took out the pill bottles stored there.’
- ‘There are, however, many excellent herbal and other natural preparations that should be in your medicine chest.’
- ‘She reached up to the mirror and pulled open the medicine chest.’
- ‘In the bathroom the contents of the medicine chest were in the sink and a lump of the sink porcelain lay on the floor.’
- ‘A medicine chest brought with him is on display.’
- ‘I keep it in my first-aid kit and medicine chest; it is harmless and could help in many stressful situations.’
- ‘In this very useful guide, she offers a number of suggestions for stocking your holistic medicine cabinet.’
- ‘Taking a roll of gauze from the medicine cabinet, Cordelia wrapped both hands and taped it in place.’
- ‘It said not to store this drug in the bathroom medicine chest.’
- ‘Then she went through the medicine cabinet and found some bandages, gauze, and medical tape.’
- ‘Some months ago I decided to clear out the medicine chest.’
- ‘After rummaging through the medicine cabinet, she produced some prescribed medication.’
- ‘Repeating the verse to herself, she opened the medicine cabinet and took out a first-aid kit.’
- ‘That's why the bathroom medicine cabinet may not be the best place to store your medications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.