One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large, heavy, solid ball thrown and caught for exercise.
- ‘Lie on your back with a light medicine ball in both hands, knees bent in toward your chest.’
- ‘For a real challenge, hold a medicine ball over your head as you do this exercise.’
- ‘Maintain a wide stance for balance and hold a medicine ball in both hands in front of you.’
- ‘Stand with a medicine ball between your thighs, just above your knees.’
- ‘He worked with a medicine ball, developing power through his legs and hips.’
- ‘There was one girl who used to throw the medicine ball right at my head, and I would get hit all of the time.’
- ‘The remaining three require the use of a medicine ball.’
- ‘Sit on a stability ball and hold a medicine ball with both hands.’
- ‘Adding weight, like a medicine ball, to your exercises is an effective way to fatigue your muscles, he adds.’
- ‘The medicine ball has remained an exercise staple for decades, and for strengthening your core, there's nothing better.’
- ‘This is where the medicine ball enters your home gym.’
- ‘Increase the difficulty by moving up to a larger medicine ball over time.’
- ‘As you become stronger, place a small medicine ball between your ankles of knees (wherever you can get the best grip).’
- ‘Hold a lightweight medicine ball over your head, arms bent.’
- ‘Stand a few feet from a partner and have him stand on a bench and toss a medicine ball from over his head to your chest.’
- ‘Sit upright on a stability ball, holding a weighted medicine ball with both hands.’
- ‘Grasp a medicine ball in both hands, then sit on a stability ball with your knees bent and your feet fiat on the floor.’
- ‘An example of a good way to increase upper-body strength with plyometrics is to use a medicine ball with a partner.’
- ‘Amber stands with her feet wider than shoulder-width apart and holds a medicine ball in front of her abs.’
- ‘We've used the medicine ball, martial-arts routines and elastic bands to accomplish this.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.