One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An attendant in a hospital responsible for the non-medical care of patients and the maintenance of order and cleanliness.‘Spencer's first war duty was as a medical orderly’
- ‘After the war broke out, he was deployed as a medical orderly in various hospitals.’
- ‘When a medical orderly came over to check on her, she was already dead.’
- ‘North, a corporal, was serving as a medical orderly with No 2806 Squadron of the RAF Regiment.’
- ‘My experience as a medical orderly in the R. A. F. during National Service helps me to give first aid until the ambulance arrives.’
- ‘George wished to become a medical orderly and was recommended for the post by the recruiting officer.’
- ‘It was a terrible wound and the medical orderly was unable to staunch the flow of blood.’
- ‘He devoted himself to assisting the medical orderlies with the local casualties.’
- ‘As medical orderlies tended to the wounded man he ordered all unnecessary personnel to safety.’
- ‘He served as a medical orderly in World War I.’
- ‘It took two big, strong medical orderlies to control him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.