One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The branch of law relating to medicine.
- ‘In training we had just one lecture on contraception and the only lecture we had on abortion was in medical jurisprudence.’
- ‘In any event, I do welcome this privilege to share with you some of my thoughts relating to certain doctrinal trends and tendencies in medical jurisprudence as are recently developed in the courts.’
- 1.1archaic Forensic medicine.
- ‘More advanced courses by the Forensic Academic Group in the North in Manchester and the DMJ Study Club in London prepare doctors to sit the diploma in medical jurisprudence.’
- ‘He became professor of obstetrics and medical jurisprudence at Harvard and president of the American Medical Association.’
- ‘He played a major role in the development of the Nottingham University Medical School of which he was the first clinical sub dean and was created a special professor of forensic pathology and medical jurisprudence.’
- ‘The major areas of medical jurisprudence in the early and mid-19th century were forensic pathology and forensic psychiatry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.