One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The branch of law relating to medicine.
- ‘In any event, I do welcome this privilege to share with you some of my thoughts relating to certain doctrinal trends and tendencies in medical jurisprudence as are recently developed in the courts.’
- ‘In training we had just one lecture on contraception and the only lecture we had on abortion was in medical jurisprudence.’
- 1.1archaic Forensic medicine.
- ‘The major areas of medical jurisprudence in the early and mid-19th century were forensic pathology and forensic psychiatry.’
- ‘He played a major role in the development of the Nottingham University Medical School of which he was the first clinical sub dean and was created a special professor of forensic pathology and medical jurisprudence.’
- ‘He became professor of obstetrics and medical jurisprudence at Harvard and president of the American Medical Association.’
- ‘More advanced courses by the Forensic Academic Group in the North in Manchester and the DMJ Study Club in London prepare doctors to sit the diploma in medical jurisprudence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.