One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A body of medical experts responsible for the examination of military personnel, the maintenance of public health, or the regulation of medical practitioners.‘a concerned nurse reported his drinking to the state medical board’
- ‘Most members of the state medical boards are appointed by the governor.’
- ‘Article 34 provides grounds for discharge for health reasons in the event that a military medical board deems a military serviceman unfit for military duty.’
- ‘He is expected to meet with the hospital's medical board today to discuss a litany of alleged blunders.’
- ‘A medical board pronounced Mills fit for duty.’
- ‘He weathered an embarrassing state medical board investigation into allegations, eventually dismissed, of sexual misconduct with a patient.’
- ‘An Army medical board ruling on his future service is pending.’
- ‘They have ordered that a medical board be formed to examine the case.’
- ‘He served on medical boards and was active in the local medical committee.’
- ‘California's medical board has done several site visits.’
- ‘There was also a formal complaint to the Massachusetts medical board in 1993.’
- ‘He was a specialist officer on the medical boards for the Australian Flying Corps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.