One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An appointment with a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare professional.‘within minutes she had him booked for a same-day medical appointment’
- ‘She calls on friendly neighbours to help her to medical appointments.’
- ‘Over a year on, and she is still attending a never-ending round of medical appointments.’
- ‘The only things on my calendar are a few medical appointments.’
- ‘She had a further medical appointment on 22 October.’
- ‘She was reluctant to have her son admitted to hospital and often missed medical appointments.’
- ‘Patients with anxiety disorders are more likely than other patients to make frequent medical appointments.’
- ‘The lump went away so I cancelled my medical appointment.’
- ‘I want to remind readers that they can and will save their own lives by making and keeping medical appointments.’
- ‘Because of a medical appointment this morning, Duncan won't be at the studios today.’
- ‘At your next medical appointment, you can ask your health care provider if he/she knows of any research studies that you would be eligible to participate in.’
- ‘The last time he had attended a medical appointment for his eyes was in March 1996.’
- ‘A service which drives elderly people to medical appointments is looking for fresh volunteers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.